Junior IT Trainer
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
The IT Training Team work in a collaborative and supportive environment, to deliver training and support across firm-wide IT systems, as well as local procedures and processes. The team utilise a variety of delivery methods including trainer-led classroom sessions, remote webinars, one-to-one coaching, share screen support, floorwalking, surgeries, e-learning (authored with Adobe Captivate) and task focused reference guides.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior IT Trainer who is willing to work hard to succeed and build a career in IT Training. This is an entry level role reporting to the IT Training Manager. Applicants will have either training experience within another industry or currently work in a law firm and looking for an opportunity to move into IT Training.
This is a full time role based in London with a requirement to occasionally travel to other offices.
Responsibilities following development:
- To provide effective and professional induction training to new staff using a variety of delivery methods.
- To provide remote training for classes using Skype or Go-To-Meeting to raise skill levels.
- Participate in regular floor walking and at-desk application support, or remote screen sharing to help colleagues in different locations.
- Assist in creating and maintaining user documentation to support improvement, development and good practice.
- Learn and maintain up-to-date knowledge of new systems or improvements and updates to current software.
- Learn to author and maintain eLearning content.
- To assist in administrative tasks such as dealing with requests for support and training, as well as update training attendance records.
- Assist others in the training team to balance workload and get involved in any project rollouts across the firm.
- Be committed to developing personal and professional skills through a variety of methods such as training and networking.
- Provide assistance to the IT Service Desk in resolving queries logged to the training team.
- Actively contribute ideas for initiatives and undertake any ad hoc tasks as required.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
- MOS certification would desirable.
- IT Training experience in another industry or legal support knowledge
- Document Management Systems (e.g. iManage (WorkSite))
- Skype for Business
- InterAction or similar CRM
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and/or 2016
Key Skills & Experience
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about wanting to train others and support colleagues.
- Be willing to continuously learn and improve, listen to constructive feedback and have a strong focus on acquiring and transferring knowledge to support colleagues.
- Have excellent communication skills with an ability to flex tone to suit audience.
- Have quiet confidence where your only focus is to ensure delegates learn in a positive environment.
- Must be incredibly patient when providing learning and knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Have a flexible customer-focussed approach and be willing to take the initiative to resolve issues.
- Pay attention to detail and be task and deadline focused.
- Work collaboratively within a team; a willingness to support the objectives for the training team and enhance its reputation within the firm.
- Have or be willing to work towards training certification or be TAP accredited as part of your personal development.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.