Data Governance Analyst - 12 month FTC
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area –Risk and Compliance – Data Governance
Role: Data Governance Analyst – 12 Month FTC
Reporting to: Data Governance Manager
Hours of work -
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
Overall responsibility for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of client and target data records in the Firm's primary systems (NBI, CRM, APR & CMS). This is a critical role in allowing the Firm to fully exploit the data assets that it holds both for risk mitigation and business development purposes.
- Understand and keep updated with current Data Protection regulations and their impact on the Firm.
- Research relevant information sources and databases to identify legal company names, company structures and legal status and amend records where necessary.
- Liaise with Conflict/Risk Assessment analysts in relation to information coming in through the New Business Intake process.
- Monitor company and person information to ensure it flows between the Firm's primary systems.
- Assess Data Change Management requests and prioritise accordingly.
- Cross reference new data against external sources and enhance company information.
- Data maintenance: check duplicates, merge records, archive or delete records and maintain meta-data.
- Understand the flow of data through the firm and contribute to Data Dictionary creation and data flow diagrams
- Run agreed data quality processes.
- Identify patterns in data issues and propose solutions.
- Advise the Firm on best practice to maintain data integrity.
- Provide guidance to project teams on all aspects of data governance such as privacy by design and data migration.
- Assist the Data Compliance Team in educating the Firm on data policies and issues.
- Assist the Manager and Supervisors with training of the new team members.
- Support Practice Areas and Business Development through the clean-up of bounced email addresses and the analysis of the penetration rate of mailing campaigns
- Analyse information to identify any potential data risks and escalate where necessary.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the team
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Good understanding of GDPR and data protection requirements
- Data analysis skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Excellent research skills.
- Strong organisational skills and able to work well under pressure.
- Passionate about data quality.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and business awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise effectively at all levels
- across the firm and offices.
- Ability to work efficiently and use initiative.
- Keen interest in knowing the business and lateral/analytical thinking.
- A proactive and flexible attitude.
- Basic understanding of Excel.
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of InterAction
- Experience of a similar role in a professional services company would also be advantageous
- Development of relevant processes and procedures
- Basic understanding of the conflicts process, AML and sanctions.
- Strong Excel
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.