Professional Support Lawyer (Real Estate)
• Create new precedents and drafting notes for the firm's real estate group (REG) and maintain and keep them up-to-date.
• Research developments in law or practice with potential drafting implications.
• Review external precedents and drafting examples.
• Deal with drafting queries on precedents and client documents.
• Co-ordinate and chair regular meetings of the REG precedents group including:
• agree and circulate a provisional precedent publishing programme at the beginning of each year; and
• compile and circulate the agenda and documents for each meeting.
• Liaise with IT to roll out final form precedents.
• Assist with the drafting and review of client precedents and REG practice guidance.
• Draft text/articles/alerts for publication in the trade press and other publications e.g. text books.
Support responsibilities of the role:
• Assist with matter specific and ad hoc research tasks.
• Liaise with Information Services about legal resources available for the REG.
• Attend and contribute to the firm's knowledge management meetings and external PSL meetings.
• Assist with management and review of electronic service providers (e.g. Searchflow, HMLR)
• Provide VisualFiles or other case management system/technology/software support when required.
• Provide technical input & support on bids.
Responsibilities to the Firm
• Understand firm-wide strategies and help align the REG to these.
• Build an awareness of the firm's other services through effective networks and research.
• Work with awareness of DAC Beachcroft's structure to operate as one global team and brand.
• Operate in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
• Effectively manage risk and compliance issues (including data security) within their control.
• Show some flexibility around travelling between UK offices.
Key Technical / Knowledge / qualifications
Technical • Demonstrates and develops strong:
• technical expertise;
• analytical and problem solving skills;
• drafting skills, including the use of clear, precise language in a legal context;
• presentation skills in respect to all types of training activity (including one-to-one coaching, workshops and lecturing to wider groups); and
• organisational skills.
• Works independently with minimal supervision, but happy to work as part of a team.
• Shows sound judgement in decision making, focused on client and case needs.
Knowledge • Maintains up to date knowledge of legal developments and case law in relevant market and industry sector.
• Drives knowledge management initiatives.
• Maintains awareness of external market conditions affecting the firm and its clients.
• Maintains awareness of service lines and internal management structures nationally.
About the firm
With over 2,400 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers.
Chambers UK 2019 awarded our partners and professionals with 95 leading lawyer rankings and 60 rankings in 30 distinct practice areas. Sixteen practice areas and fourteen of our lawyers are named in Chambers' elite 'Band 1' rank.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.