Associate - Structured Capital Markets
Headed by Simon Porter, Baker & McKenzie’s London Structured Capital Markets team includes partner Jonathan Walsh, whose practices cover securitisation, debt capital markets and derivatives.
The team has extensive experience in innovative structures and regularly advises corporates, leading financial institutions, investment banks, rating agencies and corporate trustees as well as originators, arrangers and sponsors of securitisation transactions on a wide range of UK and international securitisation and repackaging transactions, commercial paper conduits, derivative structures and other structured transactions, across a wide range of asset classes.
The team has developed one of the leading corporate trust practices and is looking to expand with the hire of an additional junior-mid level lawyer. The corporate trust practice regularly advises most of the leading corporate trustees on a mix of new transactions, amendments to existing transactions and default work. An increasing proportion of our practice involves high profile default work.
We are currently looking to recruit a junior-mid level Associate to focus on corporate trust work. The team also offers the opportunity to work on securitisation, debt capital markets and derivatives.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant and current work experience, with particular reference to securitisation, derivatives and corporate trust work
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Willingness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com and request a hard copy version of the application form. You should then send your completed application form, along with your CV, to:
The Recruitment Team
100 New Bridge Street
Baker McKenzie, London is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the premier global law firm. This vision cannot be achieved without harnessing the imagination and the creative problem-solving capability of talented people whatever their background. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfill their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.