ServiceNow System Administrator (contract or perm)
This Service Management role is responsible for the maintenance, configuration and enhancement of the Firm's IT Service Management tool, ServiceNow. This involves working within an agreed governance model to translate the requirements of process owners and other key contacts into a live implementation. There is an aggressive service management roadmap in play, which is aiming to deliver a number of self-service, automation and orchestration initiatives, and this role is crucial to the delivery of these initiatives using the tool.
On a day to day basis, the role will perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks in the ServiceNow tool including, but not limited to, standard configuration, security, workflow, data management and integration. As part of this work, the analyst will be responsible for ensuring that core data integrity is maintained by adhering to a common, agreed taxonomy and naming convention.
The role will manage the ServiceNow release cycle (offered twice a year) and will liaise with ServiceNow as and when incidents and/or requests need to be raised. The role will also need to work with internal and/or external engineering resources as and when more complex integration work is required. It is, therefore, expected that this role will build strong relationships with both individuals within ServiceNow as well as key engineering resources within Clifford Chance. It will be the responsibility of the person in this role to track and manage any 3rd party activity affecting the tool.
Support & Client Focus
Help deliver the service management roadmap, which is aiming to deliver a number of self-service, automation and orchestration initiatives.
- Maintain the Firm's ServiceNow platform on a day to day basis, using expert knowledge of how the system works. Ensure that industry knowledge remains up to date.
- Scrutinise all requests for change to ensure that any work to the tool maximises value to the Firm and its clients
- Maintain a working knowledge of all of the Firm's Service Management processes, and how those processes are integrated with the tool, to ensure that the impact of a change to one module is fully understood across all modules.
- Work with process owners, providing practical input and advice to help rationalise and improve stated requirements whilst at the same time ensuring that any changes do not detrimentally affect other modules or the system as a whole.
- Resolve support calls in a timely manner and to OLA, escalating as required
- Log, track and manage calls with ServiceNow as required, ensuring that calls are resolved in a timely manner and to contract.
- Work with the Functional Support team to ensure training materials remain current
- Provide ad hoc specialist training where required
Adhere to change management policies, process and procedures to ensure that any bug fixes and upgrades are thoroughly tested in the non-production environments before they are released to production.
- Offer expert knowledge of how to build and develop reports from the tool
Build ad hoc reports for management upon request
- Perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks in the ServiceNow tool including, but not limited to, standard configuration, security, workflow, data management and integration.
Ensure that core data integrity is maintained by adhering to a common, agreed taxonomy and naming convention.
- Conduct regular service reviews with ServiceNow to ensure that the vendor is meeting its contractual obligations.
Participate in service improvement, Knowledge handover and any other process improvement activity with ServiceNow, as appropriate.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Develop relevant Key Performance Indicators, measuring and monitoring these and acting upon their results.
Own an improvement plan and regularly report progress to senior management
Development & Testing.
- Manage the ServiceNow release cycle (offered twice a year)
- Work with internal and/or external resources as and when integration work is required. Ensure that this in-house or 3rd party software integration works effectively with the tool and maximises value to the Firm and its clients.
- Produce and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for the tool with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after changes have been deployed.
Skills & Experience
- Must have performed a similar role with ServiceNow with a similar size user base (530 system users)
- Experience with some or all the following technologies is a plus: ServiceNow MID Servers, Active Directory, POWERSHELL, Unix/Linux/Windows environments, Excel, SQL, XML.
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong people management and influencing skills
- Experience of managing/interacting with global teams
- Experience in support team management – in particular with rollout of new processes and ways of working
- Strong problem solving and entrepreneurial skills to drive solutions to completion
- Project management and organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- ServiceNow Advanced Systems Administrator and/or Certified Application Developer and, ideally, Implementation Specialist
- ITIL Foundation, with some ITIL lifecycle stream certificates, ideally
Written and Verbal Communications
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills – some form of customer-facing interaction or consulting experience is a plus.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Clifford Chance endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Clifford Chance operates within a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.