Senior Personal Assistant
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face – both today and tomorrow.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are recruiting for an executive level personal assistant to support the Chief Operating Officer and IT director. The successful candidate will set the highest possible standards of client service and efficiency with all stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage extremely detailed and dynamic calendars and email inboxes; taking ownership to proactively manage schedules including complex senior-level meetings and related logistics and often dealing with emails on behalf of the COO and IT director.
- Proactively schedule and coordinate national and international travel as required including flights, hotels and trains.
- Organise regular events such as monthly team meetings, Town Halls and other ad hoc events.
- Own and coordinate the agenda for regular governance meetings such as the monthly Business Services Director meeting, or quarterly Business Services Management Team meeting, working with key senior attendees to agree agenda items, structure meetings and co-ordinate papers.
- Complete background research as required, and prepare reports, papers, presentations and background papers on a timely basis, drawing upon internal stakeholders.
- Liaising professionally with various stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, partners and employees.
- Provide support to other Central Management PAs as required, in particular providing resilience in PA support for the CEO and Chairman through periods of annual leave or peak activity.
- Proactively manage and complete general tasks including admin, preparing pre-meeting and post-meeting materials, including tracking of actions, for review.
- Undertake Partner administration from time to time
- Other related projects and duties as requested.
Key skills and experience
- Experience of working as an executive level personal assistant in a highly demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Superb client service skills including communication skills in person, on phone, and by email and voicemail.
- Experience of working with highly confidential information.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgement; self-sufficient, independent thinker and resourceful.
- Excellent anticipation and prioritisation skills.
- Composure under pressure.
- A curiosity to investigate new technology, and techniques to improve efficiency and client service.
- Ability to draft reports, presentations through the use of software tools such as (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working with all levels in a corporate environment.
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
Apply for Senior Personal Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly