We are looking for a proactive and adaptable Resource Manager to run the Resource Management function within a team in our London office.
Resource Management has recently been established in a number of teams in our London office. This has been a key part of a wider change programme. We are looking for a permanent Resource Manager to take over administration of the function in each of these teams, with personal responsibility for work allocation for a pool of 80 – 120 lawyers. As the approach is adopted in other areas of the firm, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the wider function.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Resource Management professional to bring their experience and expertise, and apply it within a new sector, in a firm where the function is rapidly growing.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Partner group in a team, by understanding client requirements and the wider needs of the business, in order to facilitate effective resourcing decisions
- Optimise the allocation of work and the deployment of staff based on projected workflows, utilisation and individuals preferences and development goals
- Identify and implement appropriate solutions to alleviate high / low utilisation, increasing mobility and agility across the team
- Proactive management of the current work allocation tools, ensuring they are maintained and accurate
- Support the firm with the introduction of a bespoke Resource Management tool, and managing the business requirements and the implementation process
- Oversee analysis of business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation, and proactively drive resourcing decisions and positive behaviours
- Challenge requests and deal with potential resource escalations, making decisions on conflicting demands, as required
- Understand and maintain knowledge of individual skills, development needs, experiences and personal / professional aspirations and apply this knowledge in resourcing decisions
- Support the performance and counselling process within the business, including management of high and low performers, working closely with HR and practice management
- Attend regular operational management meetings, providing management support
- Provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports and other management information, as required
- Monitor chargeable hours by individual / grade / office and highlight potential shortfalls / over-utilisation to the practice group and business management
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a management role in resourcing, and an operational, HR or recruitment background, and ideally have experience of working in a professional services environment. They will:
- have the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively;
- be well organised with good time management skills;
- be confident and resilient to deal with challenges from people within the business, with good interpersonal skills and able to consult with a wide range of people at different levels;
- be able to build strong working relationships with both the partner group and lawyers in order to understand their requirements by being well integrated within the department and a trusted advisor;
- be able to exercise good judgement, knowing when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world