About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law practice and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide to our clients. With 700 partners and 2,400 lawyers across 62 offices in 30 countries, Eversheds Sutherland is one of the largest law firm practices in the world. We are proud to have topped the Acritas UK Law Firm Brand Index for three years running and, in 2016, to have won the Innovation in Legal Expertise award at the Financial Times Innovation Lawyer Awards.
The PR Manager is part of the Communications Team and reports to the Head of Communications who, in turn, reports the Director of Communications & Brand. The Communications Team consists of:
• Head of Communications
• Senior Internal Communications Manager
• Senior Internal Communications Executive
• Three PR Managers (including this role)
• Senior PR Executive
The team is based in London and Birmingham.
Skills and experience:
• You will be an experienced PR Manager with an understanding of the corporate work environment, preferably with experience of the professional or financial services industries
• You will have a keen interest in current affairs and will be able to proactively and confidently seek and shape comment from our lawyers in line with news agenda
• You will be an outstanding communicator, with superb, journalistic-level writing, editing and proofreading skills
• You will need to be able to synthesize complex, technical material and bring it to life for non-technical experts
• You will be both persuasive and tenacious with an ability to influence and build consensus
• You will have a good understanding of all areas of the professional services marketing mix including business development, marketing and internal communications as well as media relations
• You will need strong interpersonal skills in order to build relationships and credibility both within the organisation and with journalists
• You will need to be able to work independently and have strong project management skills with an ability to move projects from concept to launch, and the confidence to handle multiple, often competing, deadlines
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to translate legal and business issues in to compelling messaging that resonates with media, influencers, clients and prospects
• Proven strategic and problem solving ability – can identify the source of the problem, impact as it relates to other teams and impact on stakeholders
• Highly skilled in the provision of strategic media relations counsel
• Ability to think and act quickly, analytically and creatively in a dynamic business environment
• Time and project management skills including keen attention to detail and an ability to keep multiple projects on track and an ability to prioritise
• Ability to develop relationships and engage with people at all levels across the business
• Robust, team-oriented, flexible and enthusiastic with a can-do approach
• Innovative and able to put creative ideas into practice
Applications must be received no later than Friday 8 September.
We’re a modern, progressive law practice. We’re driven by new ideas; we’re excited by new approaches; and we’re also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.