Your chance to join our dedicated paralegal team. The work focuses on supporting the real estate team with administrative support.
About the role
• Extranet site set up for uploading and maintenance of electronic copies of deeds and documents.
• Checking deeds and creating deeds schedules and scheduling.
• Assisting with the submission of searches and maintaining search schedules.
• Locating and requesting title deeds, amending schedules and updating Master Schedules.
• Opening files and (where appropriate) establishing initial entry on client report or similar and confirming fee arrangements.
• Straightforward Land Registry applications including checking superior titles and removing entries by Land Registry application.
• Preparing/arranging the preparation of engrossments together with any ancillary forms, including client specific forms and arranging submission of engrossments to tenant and client for execution.
• Preparing simple transactional forms
• Ordering official copy title information and documentation from the Land Registry
• Dealing with post-completion matters including:
o provision of copy documents to client;
o extranet uploading;
o preparing any client specific forms; and
o arranging updating of deeds' schedules and deeds being returned to storage
Degree, preferably in law or business law, preferred but not essential. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX.
• Previous paralegal experience or experienced legal secretary. preferably in commercial real estate, desirable but not essential.
• Excellent attention to detail; an analytical, thorough and committed approach to work
• Ability to follow procedures and recommend improvements if appropriate
• Exceptional communication skills; must be able to interact with partners and associates
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team
• Excellent IT skills
• Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.