Network Team Leader
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area – IT
Role: Network Team Leader
Location: Glasgow, however, you may be required to work on an ad-hoc basis from the London office. International travel may also be required
Reporting to: Head of Infrastructure and Operations
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, flexibility between 08:30 – 18:30 (37.5 Hours) however you may be required to work additional hours to facilitate system maintenance outside core hours and at weekends as and when necessary. Will also require to be a member of the callout rota team (currently once every 4 weeks). Flexibility to work across time zones is a necessity.
Department/ Role Overview:
Team Leader of the network operations team, providing technical leadership and expertise to the team of 6 network engineers based in London, Glasgow and Melbourne.
Act as point of contact for all aspects of the network infrastructure at Ashurst, both WAN and LAN. Provide strategic guidance, development and support of Ashurst's network infrastructure Provide 4th level operational support and act as escalation point for Operations BAU team.
Work closely with Architecture, Applications, Information Security and BAU teams to ensure smooth transition of new technologies and projects into BAU support.
It is envisaged that the role will be 50% BAU support based and 50% project based.
- To lead and further develop a global team of six including two contractors.
- Co-ordinate workloads across the team ensuring 24/7 support of a global network.
- To work with the Architecture and Information Security teams to deliver projects to agreed design, standards and controls of the network infrastructure and disaster recovery solutions.
- To be accountable for technical implementation plans and support documentation.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the BAU network globally.
- Act as a key player in project work relating to upkeep and maintenance of Ashurst's network infrastructure.
- Development of policies to ensure smooth running and optimal performance of network infrastructure.
- Top level support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies and to collaborate and assist in all top level support.
- Key player in developing base level network security.
- Key player in ensuring Ashurst's network meets required security standards and controls.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause analysis on any support issues.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience leading a technical team, assigning workloads, prioritising work for the team, time management, development and mentoring skills.
- Experience collaborating with different teams based in different locations.
- Good writing skills and experience of producing support documentation and technical implementation plans.
- Experience of taking a central technical role on a DC implementation and migration project, or something substantial and equivalent.
- Experience working in secure and restrictive enterprise environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the design and implementation of multi-site LANS and WANs
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco, Dell and Brocade access and distribution layer switches.
- Solid understanding of EIGRP\HSRP\STP\DHCP
- CCNP or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth experience with a leading Firewall technology Checkpoint\Cisco ASA\Mcafee
- Multilayer Switching (Sup V-10GE, Sup720)
- In-depth knowledge of Riverbed/Steelhead WAN accelerators
- Experience of MPLS networks
- Previous experience of implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment
- In-depth knowledge of Ciscoworks, Solarwinds NPM and Solarwinds NTA
- F5 LTM and ATM
- McAfee Firewall configuration
- Fortinet Firewall configuration
- A demonstrable understanding of Wireless LAN technologies and related security issues
- Good knowledge of SSL based VPN solutions
- Knowledge of network detection tools, e.g Wireshark
- Experience with VPN's both IPSEC and SSL
Optional skills and experience
- Experience working with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience with Azure ExressRoute and cloud connectivity.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, Micro-Segmentation and Software Defined Networking.
- Experience with Arista, Palo Alto and Citrix NetScaler.