Employment - Senior Associate
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Dentons’ Global Employment and Labor Group includes over 400 lawyers, spread across our offices, who represent management in connection with employment and benefits related litigation, corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counseling projects. With our global presence and contacts, we are one of only a few firms that can provide multinational businesses with a coordinated solution to all their employment and benefits needs throughout the world.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our growing practice in Milton Keynes.
This role would be ideal for a 5 year + pqe Associate.
Purpose of role
The role has a strong transactional focus (both M & A and TUPE), although there will also be a mix of other work including employment tribunal litigation and general advisory matters. You will also work on large global projects with other employment teams across the Dentons network.
You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The Dentons platform provides a fantastic opportunity for individuals to progress their career and be part of a growing practice and we are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to contribute to that growth, whilst developing their expertise. The UK employment practice work as one team across London and Milton Keynes.
We work with an interesting variety of clients across all sectors, including many household names.
- You will take a lead role on a variety of transactions across a range of sectors
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development and speak at conferences
- Coach, mentor and supervise more junior members of the team
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and experiencing advising large businesses on all employment related matters
- Extensive experience of advising on TUPE in the context of both business transfers and service provision changes.This includes: advising on the application of TUPE, and negotiating and drafting complex TUPE provisions
- Ability to work with a significant degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgement and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.