Domain Architect – Legal Technology Solutions
- This particular role focuses on the portfolios within the Legal Technology Solutions area, including Lawyer Productivity, Legal Digital Products, Knowledge Systems and Data Science. It is a key role in driving digital transformation and helping to ensure that the vision is being delivered in a rapid, iterative way while focusing on the overall experience to the users.
- A Domain Architect is a responsible authority with the requisite knowledge to work across portfolios in the domain and help provide strategic technical direction that can optimise enterprise outcomes.
- A Domain Architect collaborates on the production of the domain architectural runway built to support future, current and near term business needs. In addition, they drive common usability and system behavioural constructs across the domain solutions.
- At portfolio level, the Domain Architect provides guidance relating to Business changes, changes in underlying technologies, emerging standards, competitive changes and other factors, which may drive the business in directions that are outside the purview of agile portfolios.
- Aspects of this can include recommendations for development and delivery technology stacks, inter-program system collaboration, interoperability of solutions, APIs, tooling, etc.
- Maintain a high-level holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Build and maintain domain level roadmaps by demonstrating how they deliver the firm's core business capabilities and align to longer term strategic roadmaps.
- Help define key technical initiatives that support budgets via Enabler Epics
- Participate in the strategy for building and maintaining the domain architectural runway.
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers for architecture to solution architects and non-technical stakeholders.
- Drive architectural initiatives in the portfolio kanban and participate in Epics analysis where applicable.
- Influence common modelling, design and coding practices, working closely with our application development teams and technical leads.
- Collect, generate and analyse innovative ideas and technologies that are applicable to the enterprise in this domain.
- Facilitate the reuse of ideas, components and proven patterns
- Synchronise the following across solutions whenever applicable:
- system, data security and quality
- Production infrastructure
- Solution User experience governance
- Scalability, performance and other NFRs.
- Own and maintain the relevant sections of Release Planning presentations
- Participate in Release Planning activities
- Attend demos whenever critical redesign or foundation work is in progress
- Keep in touch with the reality of the day-to-day work, listening to the feedback and issues raised by the domain teams to consider and reflect in the roadmaps.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally, technical expertise in a range of legal technologies and in particular those that support modern Document Production and Management.
- Extensive senior stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communicator, able to motivate, coach and mentor a strong technical team
- Expertise in a particular IT architecture domain (application, data or infrastructure) with broad knowledge of the other architecture domains.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and the ability to develop and maintain personal architectural knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience of working for a global professional service environment or corporate organisation such as finance/banking.
- Apply as needed our Project Delivery framework practices and Scaled Agile practices (including waterfall projects delivery methods)
- Practical experience of working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is preferable
- Practical experience of working with Lean & Agile delivery tools such as Agile Central (or other similar tools e.g. JIRA) is preferable
- Experience of developing IT roadmaps for specific business or technology areas.
- Experience of architecture tools and techniques.
- Experience of working with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
Written and Verbal Communications
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills – some form of customer-facing interaction or consulting experience is a plus.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Clifford Chance endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Clifford Chance operates within a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.