Knowledge Assistant - Energy & Infrastructure Team
Knowledge plays a critical strategic role at Norton Rose Fulbright, ensuring that every client in every matter benefits from the collective knowledge and experience of the whole organisation. Senior management are committed to the vision of making the contributing and sharing of knowledge a core part of the firm’s culture and every person in it, in the belief that how we use our knowledge is key to business growth and client care.
Norton Rose Fulbright has a team of knowledge professionals dedicated to the standards, sharing and systems that will help us achieve this goal across the whole organisation. This includes knowledge lawyers, knowledge managers, library and information experts and systems specialists.
- Primarily supporting the natural resources, energy and infrastructure knowledge team
- Writing concise summaries of regulatory or legal developments to be uploaded onto blog sites or included in client updates
- Uploading and maintaining online websites and blogs
- Taking responsibility for updating template documents and practice notes
- Conducting research and other fee-earning tasks for fee-earners and know-how lawyers when required
- Writing summaries of closed transactions
- Assisting with preparation of training materials e.g. PowerPoint slides and speaker notes and uploading content to knowledge systems
- Involvement in Headlight and team initiatives such as Future Ready and Sustainable Cities (e.g. research, summaries)
- Monitoring case alerts
- Preparing material for monthly internal bulletins (edited and proof read)
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of knowledge products such as template documents, practice notes, magazine format publications, briefing papers and micro-sites
- Managing departmental knowledge systems and ensuring that all knowledge is loaded onto the relevant database
- Preparing and processing Knowledge Investment Hour forms and related administration
- Assisting with the automation of banking team precedents
- Assisting the knowledge team with administrative tasks
- Proactively following case alerts and sector specific developments, reading consultations, policy statements, draft legislation or cases and writing concise but informative summaries
- Collating summaries into sector knowledge
- Creating bespoke client or internal updates on specific topics
- Careful proof-reading and editing to ensure high quality of publications
Capturing and loading knowledge:
- Organising and running systems to capture knowledge, including liaising with relevant fee-earners, collating bibles and preparing summaries of knowledge to be loaded onto both local and firm-wide knowledge management system
- Scanning and loading material as appropriate for knowledge management system
- Attending knowledge meetings and specified training to ensure that systems are kept up to date
- Sourcing existing material for sharing from the global network of offices
Involvement in project management:
- Supporting departmental knowledge projects as required. For example: collating articles or blog posts and editing content
- Taking responsibility for regular training sessions such as the monthly projects team training and semi-annual trainee training series (emailing speakers, sending calendar invitations, chasing slides, editing webex recordings, uploading content to knowledge system etc.)
- Playing a role in the roll-out of the new firm-wide knowledge management systems (updating taxonomies, completing reviews of test sites, etc.)
- Undertaking regular reviews of knowledge repositories to ensure all material is up to date
Departmental training programme:
- Assisting with the administration of the departmental client-facing training programme and dealing with client queries as required
- Assisting with the administration of fee-earner training programmes
Maintaining up to date knowledge intranet sites:
- Primary responsibility for ensuring that intranet sites for the banking, energy and infrastructure, mining and commodities teams and the external website pages are up to date, including checking effective links
Skills and Experience Required
- Law graduate with good research skills (essential)
- High level writing skills in English (essential)
- Attention to detail (essential)
- Ability to work independently and manage own projects and deadlines (essential)
- Legal experience desirable (but not essential)
- Sound IT skills, including good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel (SharePoint an advantage)
- Ability to build relationships and confidence to liaise with various members of the firm
- Ability to influence, persuade and work as part of a team
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and a flexible approach to tackling a wide variety of tasks
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise relevant work tasks
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Norton Rose Fulbright UK has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across the following key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world