Planning & Reporting Analyst - Leeds
Planning & Reporting Analyst
Department - Finance
Reporting Line - Planning & Reporting Accountant
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery and analysis of the firm's (firm-wide and divisional) financial reporting (management accounts, Exec / Board reporting, internal, client, performance) and business planning activities (budget, forecast and longer term planning).
Reporting and Decision Support
· Completing analytical reviews of the Divisional and Directorate monthly financial performance (income and cost drivers), providing insight to the DFMs, Directorate Finance team and wider business.
· Work in conjunction with DFMs/Systems Accountant/Finance teams to ensure best practice and standardised reporting across all UK Divisions and International offices, utilising the new finance reporting and planning tool to support the needs of the business.
· Assisting with the preparation of weekly operational reports to the Partnership, and monthly Board and Exec reporting including contributing to the 'Finance Board Report'.
· Provide insightful reporting and analysis to enhance decision making at
Board and Executive level.
· Structured analyst level reporting in order to support, the Divisions,
Directorates, Sectors and wider finance team. Covering ad-hoc to more structure daily/weekly/monthly (internal and external) reporting.
· Proactively inform the continuous development of reporting and planning via AG in-form, working alongside the Systems development team and other stakeholders, providing training and overview of key functionality and report building to senior personnel.
· Preparation and ownership of selected firm-wide management accounting adjustments.
· Supporting the review of the consolidated management accounts and preparation of commentary to support the key variances to plan.
· Support the preparation of the risks and opportunities schedule working with the Planning & Reporting Accountant.
· Support the Planning & Reporting Accountant with the coordination of the annual budgeting, forecasting and financial planning processes, tackling analysis tasks and challenging figures where required. Support the DFMs/Directorates and other stakeholders with the business planning processes (budget/forecast/3YP)) including financial modelling, analysis and commentary.
· Supporting with ad hoc projects, including (but not limited to) systems implementation and testing, Finance training, Board reporting and standardisation of all finance reporting.
· The duties of the role will not limited to the above and other duties will be required in the ordinary course of business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Be at ease working with and challenging senior management in identifying and driving actions as well as analysing and presenting information.
- Strong numeric skills and the ability to understand and interpret financial data, with ability to communicate ideas with confidence.
- Must be able to work effectively, build strong relationships, multi-task and prioritise between competing demands.
- Service oriented with experience of stakeholder management and the potential to establish a polished reputation in the business quickly.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel skills (including MS Query), and the ability to manipulate and present financial data.
- Part Qualified in professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent).