Corporate Responsibility Manager
Job Description – Corporate Responsibility Manager , EMEA & US (9-12 month role parental leave cover)
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. As this role works with children and venerable adults, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken in addition to the standard background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area - Support
Role: Corporate Responsibility Manager
Reporting to: Global Head of Corporate Responsibility and Pro Bono (based in Sydney)
Hours of work – 9:30am – 5:30pm
Department/ Role Overview:
Department: We are committed to being a sustainable global law firm which delivers positive impacts for our employees, clients, profession, environment and the communities in which we are based.
Our global Corporate Responsibility (CR) programme is formed of projects local to individual offices within our network, which reflect the social, political, economic and environmental challenges of that location, as well as regional and global projects that make best use of our capability to respond to challenges that cut across borders. The programme is separate from, but complementary to, our global pro bono legal practice and from our diversity & inclusion programme.
Role: The CR Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for the management and implementation of the firm's global CR strategy across 13 offices in Europe, Middle East and the United States (EME & US).
- Management of the overall CR programme, including the organisation and delivery of bespoke volunteering projects for staff and partners, and the firm's approach to social mobility and work with young people (aged 18 years and under) from low income communities.
- Build trust and effectively handle relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Development of opportunities which align with the global pro bono legal practice and/or diversity and inclusion programme to ensure synergies are developed, as both are run separately at Ashurst, with pro bono treated as a standalone legal practice and diversity and inclusion sitting within the HR department.
- Design and delivery of the firm's 'Access Ashurst' (PRIME) work experience programme and the Legal Social Mobility Partnership.
- Monitoring and reporting on staff and partner engagement in the CR programme.
- Management of internal CR champions network, including coordination of quarterly meetings.
- Represent the CR team at internal and external CR events such as new joiner inductions, graduate recruitment events and external conferences.
- Delivery of presentations and programme updates to practice groups and support departments across the office.
- Facilitation of engagement opportunities and partnerships opportunities with commercial clients.
- Preparation of CR content for business development purposes including client pitch documentation.
- Working collaboratively with CR Manager (Asia Pacific) based in Sydney and the UK pro bono team
EMEA & US
- Implementation of the CR strategy, ensuring a consistent approach to all CR activities across Ashurst's offices.
- Management of CR budget for EME & US.
- Provision of support to local office CR champions, encouraging the development of local volunteering and fundraising activities.
- Coordination of internal (intranet, CR newsletter) and external (website, social media, award submissions, annual report etc.) communications, raising awareness of Ashurst's CR activities.
- Coordination of Ashurst's 'Make a Difference Month' in collaboration with the CR Manager for Asia-Pacific..
- Attendance at events and meetings in other offices and locations as required.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Prior experience of running a CR programme for a global business
- Flexible, efficient and well organised.
- A passion for CR and community investment.
- Excellent project and event management skills.
- Expertise in managing databases, analysing data and producing reports.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the business.
- Strong budgeting ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Confident public speaker with experience in preparing and giving presentations.
- Proactive approach to managing workload and an ability to work autonomously with
- minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience running a CR programme at a law firm.