- Experience Level
- Admin, Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
To provide PA and secretarial support to the Head of Real Estate, Head of RE Operations and the RE Business and Operations Manager. The role is to assist them with their duties as Head of Department/Operations Manager but to also assist the Head of Department with any duties required by him on a client level.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manage and maintain diaries, making appointments and co-ordinating internal and external client meetings and ensure all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges and clashes.
- Arrange the booking of meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants, taxis etc. and liaise with internal and external meeting attendees.
- Management of their inboxes when they are out of the office and monitoring and responding to post/emails, prioritising correspondence to enable them to focus on urgent matters and using initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action; wherever possible, responding to and filing emails in to Filesite.
- Responding and dealing with external or internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner, taking clear and concise messages.
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution and chasing papers for meetings and ensuring that they have papers and adequate planning time.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Engage in project management.
- Regular meetings with them to provide consistent support on varying needs.
- Taking a proactive approach e.g. dealing with issues or drafting responses before being asked.
- Liaising with clients, contacts and other staff where necessary.
- Drafting letters, documents and presentations with minimal briefing.
- Organising events such as departmental meetings and seminars where necessary.
- Arranging internal and external courses and corporate events in conjunction with the team.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Evaluating existing and researching new business practices and procedures.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Assisting those you are working with on any client work on a secretarial level to include:
- Manage the workflow to our external outsourcing typing provider ensuring dictations and documents are submitted and returned in a timely manner.
- Proof reading all work to ensure consistent accuracy and high standard.
- Typing and drafting where appropriate anything our external outsourcing typing provider is unable to undertake.
- Preparation of account forms e.g. Chaps payments.
- Produce engrossed documents and appendices, trial bundles etc. (or delegate to Legal Team Assistant).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the end-to-end billing process and Elite financial reporting; assisting them by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting them to complete all necessary paperwork etc.
- Ensuring BD is fully informed of any BD activities and updating the schedules as required.
- Where applicable, ensuring travel arrangements are made through the correct channels, producing detailed itineraries and ensuring expense claims are completed; Organise any client entertainment for any internal or small external events and liaising with BD.
- Proactive – ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
- Enthusiasm and resilience to cope with a challenging and busy role.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to liaise at all levels, including partner level.
- Highly organised, confident and assertive.
- Good prioritisation skills with the ability to anticipate and take initiative.
- Diplomatic, with good judgement.
- Flexible with a positive and committed attitude.
- Good general business awareness/acumen.
- Ability to gain trust and respect of all stakeholders including Secretaries/PAs, Team Assistants, Fee Earners and Departmental Heads.
- Strong project management skills.
- Events organisation experience, strongly beneficial.
- Strong PA record, ideally at a senior level.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / SYSTEMS USED
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- BigHand Digital Dictation System
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
HOURS OF WORK
- Core Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 - 17:30