Creative and Brand Manager
Baker McKenzie is the number one legal brand globally and a top 10 brand in the UK. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the jobholder will drive the creation of an integrated creative and brand capability within the London office, with a particular focus on the development of digital assets. This includes delivering on high-end creative outputs; supporting client and staff communications for the London office and for Global projects where appropriate, as well as advising and coaching DTP professionals . All aspects of the role involve liaison with multiple stakeholders at all levels who have a need for strong design leadership, team management, project management and communication skills.
- To ensure consistency in the application of our brand identity across traditional and digital channels internally and externally.
- To integrate the provision of creative services within the London office, including advising, coaching and working collaboratively with our desktop publishers.
- To drive best practice to ensure we have a differentiated and memorable identity in the market place, aligned with the firm's global brand.
- Deliver stand-out creative design for the London office which is commensurate with the firm's standing in the market.
- Manage the firm's visual brand and provide advice on corporate identity both internally and externally.
- Drive the development of visual digital assets that support our digital marketing strategy, including proactively suggesting new and innovative ways of enhancing our brand.
- Define, promote and embed best practice regarding creative thinking and the firm's visual brand, educating internal clients where appropriate.
- Act as a triage for creative material, defining who is best placed to handle projects.
- Take creative lead on campaigns, and giving full support as required.
- Advise and coach a team of desktop publishers in London.
- Stay up-to-date with current thinking on visual identity, and devolve information to stakeholders and the greater London office as appropriate.
- Engage with and influence the thinking of Global colleagues (CS in Manila, marketing colleagues in Chicago etc) and London-based staff such as DPU to promote a joined-up and holistic creative offering.
- Maintain an ongoing review of the use of creative resources and the quality of output, and to make proactive recommendations for improvements.
- Support Internal Communications Manager with the production and development of strategic internal communications, including BakerWorld.
- Support CSR and D&I initiatives to the fullest extent possible.
- Undertake copywriting and sub-editing for projects to ensure a comprehensive creative offering.
- Manage the printing of high-end materials to ensure highest quality, timely delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Commission and advise on photography and video projects for the office, engaging suppliers when necessary.
- Manage and maintain a roster of the London office publications offering, and use it to underpin our marketing strategy.
- To prepare and subsequently manage the Creative Services Budget, Stock levels and IT equipment & software to ensure it meets the business requirements.
This role will sit within our Marketing & Business Development function that is positioned at the heart of the business. The team plays a strong role assisting our partners to:
- Build client relationships
- Win targeted new work and clients
- Enhance (& protect) market profile and brand
Key Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in Graphic Design or a related discipline.
- A proven track-record as a designer within an agency and/or professional services environment.
- Experience in developing and managing an in-house design team.
- Strong client service orientation, highly focused on developing client relationships and our brand.
- Ability to make strategic and commercial decisions.
- Strong presence and credibility with partners & other stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong internal & external client relationships and take ownership for maintaining these relationships.
- Strong people management, leadership and motivational skills particularly in relation to managing remote working.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects on time & to budget.
- Deliver a high quality service even when under pressure.
- Personal reliance and an ability to manage conflict constructively.
- Ability to think creatively about continual improvement of the Creative Services offering.
- Strong influencing skills.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, culture, religion or belief (if any), gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.