Messaging Support Analyst 12 month FTC
The Global Service Management team is accountable for maintaining and upgrading current infrastructure and applications. This includes responsibility for waterfall delivery, as well as build and run activities for infrastructure and application projects, and is responsible for process improvement whilst ensuring service management is efficient and reliable.
The Messaging Support Analyst is accountable for supporting and maintaining the following areas:
- Messaging technologies including but not limited to, Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Mimecast, MessageOne, Enterprise Vault, Mimesweeper, Lync and Microsoft Outlook.
The role involves:
- Providing 3rd line support and maintenance in the following areas:
- Microsoft Exchange Email Services including Microsoft Outlook
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Mimecast Messaging Services
- Clearswift Mimesweeper
- PGP Universal Server
- Symantec Enterprise Vault
- MessageOne BCP\DR services
- Microsoft Lync collaboration services
- Mailscape Monitoring
- Quest MessageStats Reporting
- MobileIron Mobile Device Management
- Providing 3rd line support for the timely resolution of incidents and problems.
- Executing regular maintenance and monitoring tasks.
- End-to-end ownership of incidents, ensuring accurate and timely updates
- Accountable for the management and maintenance of systems and services, by ensuring they are fit for purpose and available at all required times.
- This includes maintaining and optimising applications and infrastructure; and
- Bringing new releases into production.
- Being recognised as subject matter experts in the technologies supported by the team.
- Keeping within operational targets; for example ‘problem record’ targets; ‘age of incident’ targets; and ‘backup assurance’.
- Supporting the firm’s environmental goals and initiatives.
- The remit of this team is global and extends to all aspects of 3rd line support relating to the infrastructure and services, independent of location.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven track record in a challenging support department.
- Commitment to rapidly resolve incidents using a logical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of the overall picture of IT service costs and how IT adds value to the business.
- An enthusiasm and passion for technology. The ability to promote technology within the firm, using business friendly language
- Personal credibility, highly self motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to operate within a wider team where there may be ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- 5 years Exchange 2010 experience minimum
- Email Gateway Exposure : E.G. Websense, clear swift Mailsweep, Mimecast etc
- Call management software : ServiceNow or others
- Outlook 2010
- Lync 2013 infrastructure
- PGP or other email encryption software
- Backup Technologies
- Hardware Load Balancer experience desirable
- MDM experience: MobileIron
Qualifications – ideally the candidate should have the following or equivalent:
- Accreditation in relevant technologies – preferred
- ITIL Foundation – preferred