Client Listening Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a client listening research manager to work with the global client listening senior manager to further develop our formal client listening and client feedback programmes. This is a new role which is
in line with our strategic objective to increase client focus and has been created as a result of: the positive response from clients to our approach, the useful insights and business benefits generated so far and the A&O Board’s commitment to doing more formal client listening.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic qualitative researcher to join a small listening team to help us embed a global feedback culture in this international law firm. We want a candidate who is really passionate about the contribution of client feedback in supporting organisational change and development and who is keen to work in a challenging professional services environment. The successful candidate will be working with our partners and BD teams across the globe to carry out a mix of face-to-face and telephone interviews with a very diverse client base. Flexible working hours is an integral aspect of the role.
Global Client Listening senior manager, Associate Director Client Relationship Management and Senior Client Relationship Manager, Client Relationship Team, country and product-line level, country and product line marketing managers.
To contribute to the further development of a client feedback culture in A&O.
- The day-to-day management of multiple research projects with minimal supervisory input.
- Designing appropriate materials, including writing discussion guides
- Conducting in-depth interviews and moderating focus groups
- Appropriate management of the analysis, interpretation and reporting process
- Report and presentation creation
- Ensuring that projects are implemented correctly, to the satisfaction of the external and internal A&O client, within budget and on time.
- Identifying and scheduling appropriate client listening projects in conjunction with the senior client listening manager and BD and CRM managers
- Ensuring that all day-to-day (i.e. project related) internal client liaison with our BD, marketing and CRM managers runs smoothly.
- Meeting prescribed targets for matter reviews in specific A&O geographies
- Responsibility for the presentation of results to clients, in particular ensuring that the results are communicated clearly.
Personal attributes and skills
The position requires an intelligent graduate with several years’ experience of B2Bqualitative market research; specific experience of the professional services sector would be an advantage.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A demonstrable track-record in conducting in-depth interviews, moderating focus groups and running online methodologies .
- Excellent communications skills, strong writing and presentation skills are essential, and evidence of ability to produce impactful reports in PowerPoint will be required. Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory. An ability to moderate in a foreign language, would be an advantage, but not critical.
- A demonstrable track-record in using digital as well as traditional methods ; we are looking for a creative individual who will be able to add value to our qualitative offering through use of innovative research techniques as well as reporting and presenting. Experience with techniques such as semiotics and social media is desirable.