Marketing Technology Manager (Adoption) - 3 days per week
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Technology Manager (Adoption) to join our London based Marketing Systems team. This is a job share position and is required to work Wednesday to Friday each week.
The marketing technology team implements and manages the firm’s integrated marketing information systems and digital marketing communications channels. The team, and this role in particular is responsible for the technologies that support core BD and marketing processes, including but not limited to experience collection, contact management, email marketing, pitching and opportunity management, CV management, events, client segmentation and marketing analytics. In addition, the team more broadly manages our digital channels including our public and client websites, mobile apps, content libraries, social media, blogs, RSS feeds and news aggregators. These two broad areas of marketing technology activity support each other and overlap, helping to provide a 360° view of our interactions with a client.
We also provide support to the internal communications team and wider marketing function on the firm’s intranet platform. The team is based in London and Belfast and is part of the global marketing, business development and communications function.
The Marketing Technology Manager is responsible for helping to deliver our strategy to harness cutting-edge technology (including marketing automation tools) to deliver a 360⁰ view of our clients, using data to drive insight and decisions relating to client relationship management, pipeline management and marketing activity. This includes driving through the adoption day-to-day of existing and new marketing technologies by our global marketing, business development and communications team through internal communications, the development of working practices to support the successful use of technology, and the development and overseeing of extensive training programmes for all users.
- Senior Manager, Marketing Technology as well as other members of the marketing technology team
- Head of Marketing Operations
- Head of Communications
- The BD/Marketing leadership, Heads of BD and Marketing, and senior managers based across all offices
- External suppliers
- The IT department, including key project and support team resources, and IT senior management
- Key partner stakeholders across the firm, members of project Steering Committees and Working Groups
Role and responsibilities
The role involves:
- Driving the adoption of our existing marketing technologies within the organisation through:
- Acting as a consultant day-to-day to global BD/marketing, lawyer and PA colleagues, understanding local influences and helping to bring about change and buy-in to the use of our available technologies
- Introducing advanced user reporting and analytics across our technologies
- Developing longer-term best practice/policies for client relationship data management and reporting, email marketing and experience/standard pitch text/CV
- Developing training content and materials and supporting our global IT training team in delivering training
- Developing best practice in the use of a new email marketing platform, including providing:
- Data-driven recommendations for business development/sales opportunities arising out of marketing campaigns
- Guidance on the use of marketing automation options to drive efficiencies and optimise campaign effectiveness
- Advice on integration with other marketing platforms (where possible) to improve our view of client interactions across the business
- From 2018, acting as a core member of a project team with responsibility for replacing the firm’s current combined CRM and pitch support technology with the aim of achieving a 360° view of our client interactions and increased marketing effectiveness through integrations with other relevant technologies.
- Liaison with our Belfast-based Marketing Technology team which handles day-to-day support queries from across the business, including for example:
- Advising on the strategy the function should adopt in managing records about the firm’s experience/client work and company data.
- Agreeing an approach to outsourcing elements of our data management processes to India.
- Acting as a point of escalation for more complex queries.
- Leading the consultation on and designing working practices for specific ad-hoc technology projects. Recent examples have included:
- The capture of key data during the firm’s matter/client inception process
- Opportunities to improve our directories submission process through the use of technology
- Understanding of the advanced use/development of CRM, pitch-support/lead generation, email marketing and marketing automation technologies in B2B industries. Although the chosen candidate may not yet have worked with all these types of technology a love of and ability to get to grips with new technologies quickly is essential
- Experience of managing external suppliers/agencies
- Experience of acting as an internal consultant or adviser
- Effective people manager and an ability to help and develop team members
- Superb communication skills, written and oral including an ability to translate complex technical knowledge into simple concepts and language
- Responsive, proactive and innovative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels and across cultures
- Tenacity and commitment – focused on delivery and end results
- An ability to work under pressure
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic, experienced marketing technology expert with an excellent knowledge of applying those technologies in a B2B environment.