Paralegal - Real Estate Finance
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face – both today and tomorrow.
About the Team
The dedicated Real Estate Finance team acts for clearing banks, U.S. and European banks, financial institutions, debt funds and alternative lenders, as well as for borrowers, investors, asset managers, funds and private equity investors.
We are specialists in bespoke and structured real estate finance transactions, working closely with our highly regarded tax, indirect real estate, and restructuring team, as well as our top 4 real estate group.
We advise on high profile commercial investment and development projects, across various real estate asset classes, including retail, offices, logistics and industrial, as well as high end residential and Private Rented Scheme, with particular expertise in portfolio financings, both in the UK and overseas.
The team has a very strong track record in operational real estate, advising lenders and borrowers on investment and development mandates for hotels, care homes and hospitals, and student accommodation.
We are market leaders in whole loan, senior and mezzanine financings, and advise on distressed loan purchases and alternative investment strategies including loan to fund and loan to own.
We provide a partner led service to clients, in a close-knit team in which every member plays a key part in client delivery and marketing initiatives.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a paralegal or legal executive to join a successful and collegiate team that is in expansion mode with further opportunities to grow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Become part of the highly successful and busy team
- Assisting with drafting and negotiation of ancillary documentation, the collation and satisfaction of condition precedents, both on the finance and real estate sides
- Pre- and post-completion transaction management
- ou will be given the necessary training and development to support you with your career progression, being given guidance and support. There will be opportunity to demonstrate your skills and ability, in a non-hierarchical and collegiate environment.
- Managing your own workload and supporting others, and participating in delivering a quality service to clients.
Key skills and experience
- Independence and initiative
- Organisation skills
- Communication skills
- Investigative skills
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Some experience of finance and/or real estate transactions and CP processes useful
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.